We’re excited to welcome you on Sundays at 9:30AM (traditional), 11:00AM (contemporary), or 7:00PM (casual)! As part of our gradual regathering plan, we have a limited number of spaces available to join us in person for worship on Sunday mornings (RSVP required). If spots are filled this week, we hope you’ll join us in person on Sunday evening for our Outdoor Worship service at 7:00PM or worship with us online on Sunday morning!
What do I need to do to attend in person at a CPC?
- RSVP each week you would like to attend. RSVPs open at 8:00AM Tuesday for the following Sunday.
- Bring a mask (if you have one). We will provide you with a mask if needed. You are required to wear one while you are in the building and during the entire service.
- If you or someone in your household is sick, please stay home to protect others.
- Arrive early! Seating will begin 15 minutes before the service begins.
- Please observe 6 feet of social distancing.
Have more questions? We’ve got answers! Click on the questions below for more information.
Why do I have to RSVP to come to church?
The State of Minnesota guidelines for churches include the use of reservation systems to ensure that worship attendance stays within levels that maintain social distancing. Along with helping us reopen at a responsible pace, our RSVPs allow us to conduct contact tracing, if needed.
How many spaces are available?
At this time, we have 100 spaces during the Traditional Service, held in the Sanctuary, and 50 spaces during the 11:00AM Contemporary Service held in Westview. We will slowly increase the numbers of worshippers as we are able to safely accommodate them and ensure adequate staff and volunteers.
What happens once I arrive?
Staff and our First Impressions team will welcome and guide you through a contactless experience.
- Masks are required; if you do not bring your own, we will have masks available, as well as the opportunity to sanitize your hands.
- Please check-in by using your RSVP’s confirmation email.
- Seating will be set up for social distancing; you/your household will be spaced 6 feet apart from others.
- Bulletins can be found on our website, and you may place your offering in the designated places in the back of the Sanctuary or make your gift online.
- On Communion Sundays, Communion will be available in individual, sealed containers.
- Following the service, ushers will dismiss rows one at a time, starting in the back and moving toward the front.
- You are welcome to socialize with others outdoors after the service with appropriate 6 feet social distancing. In order to ensure the safety and comfort of all who are attending, please do not congregate indoors.
Is there programming for kids?
At this time, kids will worship with their families. There is no additional programming for kids or adults on Sunday morning.
What safety precautions is CPC taking?
- The building has been deep cleaned; routine weekly cleanings are increased
- High-touch/contact surfaces are being sanitized between each service
- Staff and volunteers are health screened and are wearing masks
- No coffee or lemonade is being served after services
- The Sanctuary’s air ventilation is always running; per recommendations, we have increased the outdoor air flow coming into the building and scheduled the air ventilation system to run in all spaces where people are scheduled to be
Will Pathway Books be open?
Yes! Pathway Books will be open for up to 3 customers at a time from 9:00-11:00AM.
Join us every Sunday at 7:00PM in the CPC parking lot! This family-friendly time includes live music, a brief devotion, prayer, and socially-distanced fun for our youngest participants. Worship from your car with our FM frequency or sit in our outdoor seating area.
- Enter via the 70th Street entrance.
- Parking attendants will help you navigate, so please follow their directions; cars will be spaced out.
- Most people will worship from their cars! Turn your car radio to 87.9FM to listen.
- There will be some limited outdoor seating available near the stage; chairs will be pre-set to give ample social distance.
- Please wear a mask if you are in the outdoor seating area, specifically for singing.
- If you need a restroom, please use the main entrance to access the Great Room bathrooms.
Worship still happens online every Sunday at 9:30 and 11:00AM! You can participate in worship from home via our Watch Live page. We worship in two different styles, contemporary and traditional, and share the same message in order to learn and grow together. Services last about an hour and include a 20-minute sermon based on Scripture.
9:30AM Traditional Service:
Hymns are led by organ, piano, and one or two singers and the service contains liturgical elements.
11:00AM Contemporary Service
Music is band-led and the service contains a mix of liturgical and modern elements.
CPC COVID Safety Statement
Your health and safety are important to us. If you or someone in your family are participating in a CPC sponsored gathering, please wear a mask and social distance six feet apart from others is required. We care about each other and feel this is the best way to support each other's safety. If you are sick or unwell, please stay home. Symptoms of COVID-19 can be found here: Stop the Spread of Germs (COVID-19). If someone in your household exhibits COVID-19 related symptoms, stay home. We have been and will continue to follow the safety guidelines set out by the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health.
Christ Presbyterian Church (CPC) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff. To ensure that, we have developed a Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. All CPC staff are responsible for implementing this plan. Our staff are required to wear masks whenever working with others, to maintain a social distance of six feet, and to take their temperature each day they are engaging in work with others.