We’re excited to welcome you on Sundays at 9:30AM (traditional) or 5:00PM (contemporary)! As part of our gradual regathering plan, we have a limited number of spaces available to join us in person for worship on Sunday mornings (RSVP required). If spots are filled this week, we hope you’ll worship with us online on Sunday morning or in-person at 5:00PM! No RSVP is required for the outdoor service.
Sanctuary Worship • 9:30AM
What do I need to do to attend in person at a CPC?
- RSVP each week you would like to attend. RSVPs open at 8:00AM Tuesday for the following Sunday.
- Bring a mask (if you have one). We will provide you with a mask if needed. You are required to wear one while you are in the building and during the entire service.
- If you or someone in your household is sick, please stay home to protect others.
- Arrive early! Seating will begin 15 minutes before the service begins.
- Please observe 6 feet of social distancing.
Have more questions? We’ve got answers! Click on the questions below for more information.
Why do I have to RSVP to come to church?
The State of Minnesota guidelines for churches include the use of reservation systems to ensure that worship attendance stays within levels that maintain social distancing. Along with helping us reopen at a responsible pace, our RSVPs allow us to conduct contact tracing, if needed.
How many spaces are available?
At this time, we have 100 spaces during the Traditional Service, held in the Sanctuary. We will slowly increase the numbers of worshippers as we are able to safely accommodate them and ensure adequate staff and volunteers.
What happens once I arrive?
Staff and our First Impressions team will welcome and guide you through a contactless experience.
- Masks are required; if you do not bring your own, we will have masks available, as well as the opportunity to sanitize your hands.
- Please check-in by using your RSVP’s confirmation email.
- Seating will be set up for social distancing; you/your household will be spaced 6 feet apart from others
How will I participate in worship?
- Wear a mask at all times and maintain a 6-foot distance from other households.
- You are welcome to sing along and participate in spoken elements during worship.
- Worship leaders will not be wearing masks, but our safety protocols dictate that they will be at least 12 feet away from the congregation.
- Bulletins and sermon notes can be found on our website. Use them on your phone or tablet, or print out at home before you come.
- You may place your offering in the designated places in the back of the Sanctuary or make your gift online or by text during worship, or anytime.
- On Communion Sundays, Communion will be available in individual, sealed containers.
- Following the service, ushers will dismiss rows one at a time, starting in the back and moving toward the front.
- You are welcome to socialize with others outdoors after the service with appropriate 6 feet social distancing. In order to ensure the safety and comfort of all who are attending, please do not congregate indoors.
Is there programming for kids?
At this time, kids will worship with their families. There is no additional programming for kids or adults on Sunday morning.
What safety precautions is CPC taking?
- The building has been deep cleaned; routine weekly cleanings are increased
- High-touch/contact surfaces are being sanitized between each service
- Staff and volunteers are health screened and are wearing masks
- No coffee or lemonade is being served after services
- The Sanctuary’s air ventilation is always running; per recommendations, we have increased the outdoor air flow coming into the building and scheduled the air ventilation system to run in all spaces where people are scheduled to be
Will Pathway Books be open?
Yes! Pathway Books will be open for up to 3 customers at a time from 9:00-11:00AM.
Outdoor Worship • 5:00PM
As summer wanes, we’re adjusting our time for outdoor worship. Starting September 13, join us at 5:00PM in the CPC parking lot for our Contemporary Worship Service! This family-friendly time includes live music, the same sermon as Sunday morning, prayer, and socially-distanced fun for our youngest participants. Come early and grab dinner from an on-site food truck. Worship from your car with our FM frequency or sit in our outdoor seating area.
- Enter via the 70th Street entrance.
- Parking attendants will help you navigate, so please follow their directions; cars will be spaced out.
- Most people will worship from their cars! Turn your car radio to 87.9FM to listen.
- There will be some limited outdoor seating available near the stage; chairs will be pre-set to give ample social distance.
- Please wear a mask in our outdoor seating area if you are unable to maintain a 6-foot distance between you and other households.
- If you need a restroom, please use the main entrance to access the Great Room bathrooms.
9:30AM Traditional Service:
Hymns are led by organ, piano, and one or two singers and the service contains liturgical elements. You can participate in worship from home via our Watch Live page.
NEW Online-Only Worship Option:
Like our 11:00AM service, but ready for church earlier on Sunday morning? A new online-only worship experience is coming September 13, created for an at-home audience to watch anytime. Available on our Watch page at 6:00AM on Sunday mornings. Music is band-led and the service contains a mix of liturgical and modern elements.
CPC COVID Safety Statement
Your health and safety are important to us. If you or someone in your family are participating in a CPC sponsored gathering, please wear a mask and social distance six feet apart from others. Masks are required inside our building. We care about each other and feel this is the best way to support each other's safety. If you are sick or unwell, please stay home. Symptoms of COVID-19 can be found here: Stop the Spread of Germs (COVID-19). If someone in your household exhibits COVID-19 related symptoms, stay home. We have been and will continue to follow the safety guidelines set out by the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health.
Christ Presbyterian Church (CPC) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff. To ensure that, we have developed a Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. All CPC staff are responsible for implementing this plan. Our staff are required to wear masks whenever working with others, to maintain a social distance of six feet, and to take their temperature each day they are engaging in work with others.