Whether you are celebrating a baptism, wedding, or someone’s life at a memorial, CPC wants to partner with you to make your day memorable and Christ-centered.
WHAT IS BAPTISM?
Baptism is the church’s proclamation and experience that we are who we are because God has first chosen us, loved us, and called us into His kingdom.
We see baptism as a sign and symbol of God’s grace toward us in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, an act that publicly unites us to His body, the church.
WHO DO WE BAPTIZE?
CPC practices infant baptisms for members of CPC as well as baptisms for adults and kids following a confession of faith.
We baptize infants of believing parents who are members of CPC, as a way of including the children of Christian families in God’s family.
Why infants? Infant baptism communicates that even while we are babies God is pursuing a relationship with us. He loves us before we are even able to respond to Him and acknowledge Him.
We believe that parents are the primary spiritual influencers of their children. When parents bring their children for baptism, they are affirming their faith in Christ and publicly committing to raise their children in the Christian faith. The baptism isn’t about the child’s salvation or a rubber stamp to get right with God. Children eventually need to respond to God by making the decision to follow Him on their own. By baptizing one’s child, a parent commits to nurture an environment where Christ can be received.
Infant baptism also includes a commitment from the congregation to support and help parents raise and nurture children in the knowledge of Christ our Savior.
Please plan your baptism ahead of time, as our numbers at each service are limited and can easily fill up. Contact: Tammy Mitchell
Kids and Adults
CPC would love to celebrate baptism with any older child, teen, or adult who publicly professes faith in Jesus Christ! Believer’s baptism is a sacrament that publicly signifies our union with Jesus Christ and declares our membership in God’s family, the Church.
For individuals and families who choose to not practice infant baptism, many believer baptisms are done after completion of CPC’s membership process or Commitment Class for 9th graders who have not previously been baptized.
Contact: Deb Carlson
Marriage preparation is intended to provide engaged couples with tools to build a strong relationship for all of the years of their marriage, rather than focusing solely upon the wedding ceremony. To fulfill the high calling of loving and serving the Lord within the context of marriage, we rely upon the support, counsel, and prayers of our Christian community.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WEDDINGS AT CPC:
- Membership at Christ Presbyterian Church. Either the bride, groom, or a parent/grandparent of the bride or groom must be a CPC member. If not, the bride and groom must go through the membership process. Contact: Cathy Wood
- An initial meeting with the CPC pastor who will perform your ceremony.
- Professional pre-marriage counseling ($350).
- A Marriage Mentors evening where you will meet other engaged couples and be paired with a mentor couple who will commit to upholding your marriage in prayer.
- A Premarital Finance Seminar ($25) where you will explore the role of money and financial planning within the context of Christian marriage.
- Meeting with a Wedding Consultant to plan the logistics of your rehearsal and ceremony.
- Meeting with musicians to plan your music.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE USE OF THE CHURCH
Sanctuary: seating for approximately 1,000 people
Chapel: seating for up to 100 guests
- The marriage ceremony is a sacred worship service, which should be approached with reverence. Please keep this in mind as you make your plans.
- Due to the 5:15PM service on Saturday evenings, Saturday weddings may only be scheduled until 2:00PM. Photography of 2:00PM weddings must be completed before the ceremony.
- Weddings can also be scheduled on Fridays.
- Please note that your selected date may not be available. Weddings are generally not scheduled in the Sanctuary on holiday weekends, the month of December, Holy Week, or Children’s Musical (March) or Commitment Class (May) weekends.
- You should advise the pastor if you are requesting participation by another minister.
- Your wedding date will not be finalized on the church scheduling calendar until you have confirmed the date and time with the pastor at your initial meeting.
Contact: Life Events Coordinator
Celebrate the life of a loved one. Learn about memorial services at CPC.